Thursday, October 29, 2009

An Education

I began my education at Northern Illinois University in the Fall of 2005. I made it my goal to graduate in 4 years. I completed my first three, found out I would have to take 18 hours of 400 level classes during the two remaining semesters of my senior year to finish on time, so I trudged through and graduated in May 2009.

I did this because I knew (HAH!) that I would have my dream job at a PR firm lined up and waiting for me in May. I don’t feel stupid admitting this now because what graduating senior doesn’t want to think that? So, although I kept up with the news, I guess I didn’t let it sink in that the economy was on a slippery slope and it would be harder for me to find a job. I have, indeed, learned my lesson.

I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. Specifically, it is Corporate Communications – which is a route taken by many at NIU who would like to do Public Relations (there’s no actual PR program).

No comments:

Post a Comment