Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Activities and Honors (Sect. 1)

I joined the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)in Fall 2007 quite honestly because I knew I’d have to put something on my resume and my best friend, Carri, was a member. I never imagined how much PRSSA would affect me. I became more heavily involved in the spring, acting as the Account Executive for the Bowl for Kid’s Sake client. My job as AE was to be sort of liaison between Big Brothers/Big Sisters and my group members. I was to make sure group members attended meetings, and if they did not, to update them on what had been missed. This was when I first began to learn how a firm ran and the responsibilities behind a successful PR firm. The executive board appreciated my efforts, attitude, and work and I received Sara Barr Cohen (Outstanding Junior in PRSSA) Award in the Spring of 2008. After my involvement in BFKS, firm visits, etc. I considered running for an executive board position. Elections were held and I was the new Vice-President of NIU’s PRSSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment